Our doctor and staff believe that informed patients are better equipped to make decisions regarding their health and well being. For your personal use, we have created an extensive patient library covering an array of educational topics. Browse through these diagnoses and treatments to learn more about topics of interest to you.
Here is a list of printable forms located on this website along with helpful information for your visit. Also, if you were given a handout in the office and lost it; you are able to refer to the information in the links below.
- Spectrum Falls Map
- New Patient Registration Form
- Orthotic Authorization Form
- PRP Injection Form
- Stretching Exercises
- Heel Pain Treatment Information
- Ingrown and Nail Removal (in office) Post Op Information
- Surgery Information (Pre-Op and Post-Op Information for surgeries done at a hospital or surgical center)
Burning feet refers to a foot sensation that is most frequently experienced by adults over age 50 and those who are diabetic. Thyroid dysfunction, gastric restriction in morbidly obese people, and heavy use of alcohol also have been linked with burning feet. Nerve problems, such as neuromas and tarsal tunnel syndrome, may also be associated with the sensation of burning feet.
It is not unusual for feet to ache or burn at the end of a long day. However, on an ongoing basis, burning feet can be a symptom of a more serious health problem. Please consult our office and schedule an appointment if you experience persistent burning feet.
There are some simple ways to mitigate burning feet:
- Make sure you wear shoes that fit properly and provide support for your unique foot structure.
- Take foot baths daily to treat hot and sweaty feet.
- Wear socks of cotton, versus synthetic, fibers as they are lighter and cooler.
- Avoid long periods of standing.
- Try cushioned or shock-absorbing insoles in your shoes to make standing more comfortable.
- In some cases, orthotics may be helpful to correct any underlying mechanical imbalances which may be responsible for your burning feet.